This is a preview of the Euro 2012 QF between Germany & Greece.
Thomas Muller has yet to score, and will be aiming to fire tonight
- Germany head into this game as overwhelming favorites, and favorites for the tournament – so the Greeks will know that they have an uphill task above them.
- Germany’s attacking front four has been in absolutely cracking form head into this game, particularly of Mario Gomez, who has already hit 3 goals from the opening 3 games.
- Mesut Ozil has been the chief architect in their offensive threats, as he has been creating numerous opportunities for his team mates, and occasionally got opportunities to score.
- Defensively Germany have been among the best in the tournament so far, and with Boateng back in the lineup, it assures more stability for them.
- Greece have qualified through some great luck and a spirited performance against Russia, however, their inspirational captain Kargounis will be missing out of this game.
- In addition to Kargounis, the team also have additional absences including A. Papadopoulos missing through suspension and Chalkias missing through injury
- Greece have failed to show any threat in the final third of the field, and this has where they have resulted in failing off late.
- Samaras of the Greek front line, has been playing decently well, but has failed to deliver any ball of substance not take on any credible shot on target, showing how the Greek lineup have their problems.
- In three previous meeting between Germany and Greece, Germany have won them by a 2 goal margin, and the last meeting was 11 years ago.
Germany -1 to win @ 2.00 (Betfair) – 6 pointa