This is a Euro 2012 Quarter Final Preview between Portugal and Czech Republic.
Portugal’s Postiga will be look to push for a goal tonight
- This game us a quater final match up between 2 surprise teams who weren’t expected to reach this position in this tournament.
- Portugal finally got their main man Cristiano Ronaldo in good form, and will now bank on him to deliver another quality performance tonight in order to push his team through the quarter final.
- Portugal have got their tactics right in recent games, by having Postiga, Nani and Ronaldo in good understanding with each other and able to create opportunities.
- The midfield of Portugal between Veloso, Meireles, Moutinho and Varela have been greatly supported on attacks and on defensive duties.
- Portugal showed the mettle of their team and they showed up in the last game against Netherlands after going 1-0 down, and managed to turn it around to a 2-1 in regular time.
- The Czechs have struggled to get there after getting thrashed by the Russians in the first game, they sneaked a 2-1 win over Greece and again sneaked a 1-0 win against Poland from a weak group.
- The attacking threat of the Czechs has been not exciting at all, with Baros the lone striker, he hasn’t given much of a performance to justify their inclusion in the final 8 of the tournament.
- Defensively they have proven to be shaky with just Petr Cech giving some respectability to the Czech team.
- Portugal have looked threatening on the counter attack while Czech have been particularly vulnerbale on that, and the Portuguese will be the favorites to over come this game tonight.
Portugal to win @ 1.80 (Betfair) – 7 points