This is a Euro 2012 preview Group D game between England & Ukraine.
England hitman Rooney will be on the lookout for goals
- England come into this as strong favorites after getting 1 win and 1 draw from their opening 2 encounters and will be pushing to win this game to come first in their group and take on Italy in the second semi-final.
- From the result of the first couple of games, England’s Danny Welbeck, Ashley Young, Steven Gerrard and Theo Walcott have proven to be excellent going forward, and been instrumental in the creation of their goals.
- With Wayne Rooney finally finishing his suspension and the team in a good position in the table, time has finally come for the talismanic forward to get into the side and show why he is the best forward in England.
- One major decision is guaranteed – that is Theo Walcott starting this game as the Arsenal wing man has created an impact in both the games that he has come off the bench, and tonight might be the case of settling the result early on itself.
- Defensively though England have to improve a lot, and there might be grounds for including Gary Cahill tonight ahead of Lescott due to the Chelsea understanding at the back four, as Terry has looked uncomfortably out of position.
- England will draw confidence out of their remarkable come back against Sweden, and also the fact that hosts Ukraine were comfortably beaten by France in their last game.
- Ukraine on the other hand definitely have Shevchenko a major doubt for this game, and if anything he would start of the substitutes bench for this game.
- No Ukraine player has looked threatening to the opposition, and the team were brought crashing back down to earth after the French game, after their opponents dominated possession and the game.
- While Ukraine will have all the home support in the world backing them, England have shown in recent years an ability to perform better on the road, and also the pressure might get to the Ukrainians.
England to win @ 2.20 (Betfair) – 6 points