This is a preview of the Euro 2012 Group C game between Spain & Croatia.
Iniesta has been in good form, but has failed to find the net, could today be his day?
- Who would have imagined that coming into the last game of the group, Croatia and Spain would be leading the group, and could easily make it through to the next round.
- Spain clearly know what they have to do, and that is continue as they have been for the last few tournaments by continuing to win as the Russia game would have been a clear wake up call for them.
- Fernando Torres has managed to hit form for Spain at the right time, and everything he has done so far has been superb including his movement, speed of breaking, as well as accuracy on the shot and flair of playing the game.
- The un-sung hero would have to be David Silva who had scored a goal against Ireland, and even provided 3 assists – taking his spectacular club season form into this tournament.
- Spain have only one concern on the pitch, if any, and that is the defensive pairing of Pique and Ramos – which has 2 games in, now improved and we should hopefully see a better performance from them.
- Croatia on the other hand had started the tournament in fine fashion, and it would be extremely disappointing to say that they haven’t given their full worth in this tournament.
- Manduzkic and Jelavic have really showed the world that they are stand out strikers, and with a few better pieces to the puzzle, the Croatian team can be a force to reckon with.
- The central defensive pair of Corluka and Schildenfeld has been a bit of a worry, as they are lacking pace and coordination, and would be in a worse situation by now unless Pletikosa hadn’t kept up his good form.
- Croatia fail to get service from the wing players Perisie and Rakitic, who aren’t the best crossers of the balls, and was something that stopped them from winning last time around.
- The last time these 2 sides met, Croatia did not even score, had an OG for their troubles, before Spain won the game late on, but in tournament play, we know the class that the Spanish can provide.
Spain to win @ 1.75 (Ladbrokes) – 7 points
Spain to score in both halves @ 2.4 (Coral) – 3 points