This is a preview of the game in Group B between Holland & Portugal.
All hopes for Portugal pin on the above 2 gentlemen
- This game tonight will be a hotly contested encounter between Holland and Portugal, and both teams need a win in order to get into the next round of the tournament.
- Holland will have the mountain to climb with them needing to win this game by a clear 2 goals in order to win this game.
- They will rely on the every one of their attacking players Robben, van Persie, Huntelaar, van der Vaart & Sneijder to score, which will result on lots of shorts being taken on target, and the Portuguese will look to keep it out.
- The Portuguese defense of Alves, Pepe, Coentrao and Perreira haven’t looked the best as was seen from the 2 goal conceded through headers, and they will loko to push out these shots away from the goal.
- The Portuguese front line of Nani, Ronaldo and Postiga will also be looking for the goals today, in particular Ronaldo, who has yet to find a goal this tournament.
- In particular Ronaldo and Nani playing on the wings, look for a lot of opportunities to win corners and give the team a better chance through set pieces, much like they scored 3 out of their 3 goals from a move that started out from a corner against Denmark.
- Hollands defense has been extremely sketchy in their games, as they have lost all their games, and while playing gung-ho football tonight to try and win, they could leave the back line a little vulnerable, and Heitinga & Mathijsen will be looking to clear in any means necessary.
Over 11.5 corners in the game @ 1.75 (StanJames) – 8 points