This is a preview of the Euro 2012 Group B game between Denmark & Germany.
Mario Gomez is looking to push on with more goals for Germany tonight.
- Denmark and Germany both will know that a draw will be enough to see Germany home comfortably, without worrying too much about Holland and Portugal.
- On the other hand, Denmark know that nothing but victory will secure them from a Euro 2012 spot, assuming results go their way.
- Germany will be looking for the victory to stamp their authority as the only team to win all their group games till now, and they can seal that with a win tonight based on the current form that they are in.
- Germany’s Mario Gomez has been in particularly dazzling form, scoring all the 3 goals for Germany so far, and will aim to continue on that run while keeping Klose out of the starting lineup.
- Ozil, Podolski and Muller have been a great supporting cast creating assists and even having shots on target, but unable to find the back of the net.
- Schweinsteiger might be rested looking at the coming fixtures and his recent injury concerns, which might bring Toni Kroos into the starting lineup.
- Denmark have been playing well recently and after upsetting Holland and almost drawing with Portugal, they have been giving it a good go of things.
- They will not be happy that Rommedahl and Zimling will be missing through injuries, which leaves them a bit short of creativity.
- On the defensive end, Denmark has looked vulnerable, and that could lead to their downfall with a clinical Germany ahead of them today.
Race to 2 Goals: Germany @ 1.83 (William Hill) – 5 points