This is a preview of the Euro 2012 Group A game between Russia & Greece.
Top scorer Dzagoev is looking to continue his scoring form against Greece.
- Russia are sitting a top of this group with 4 points, thanks to some spirited performances, and they will look to continue their form and push on to securing first place from this group.
- Alan Dzagoev has been the star for the Russians netting 3 goals this campaign, and has really been up to pushing towards the Golden Boot.
- Kerzhakov and Arshavin have been attacking threats through out the last 2 games, however, have failed to hit the back of the net. We would expect them to continue with this threat to either net one, or create chances for one of the other in the front 3.
- Russians have leaked a goal in both of their opening games, so their defense has looked a bit dodgy especially on the counter attack, but keeper Malafeev should not be adjusted to working with his partners at the back to try and keep a clean sheet.
- Greece on the other hand have showed some spirited performance drawing the game against Poland and trying to get a draw against Czech last time around.
- Despite all their attempts to play as a team and try to win through team effort, it hasn’t really clicked and they have been shunned to the bottom of the group.
- Greece has also had unfortunate injury worries through out this tournament with the likes of keepere Chalkias and Avraam Papadopoulos – among the key absentees meaning the Greece has to once again shuffle the pack.
- While Greece has been decently going forward, their inability to plug the gaps at the back, will ultimately lead to their downfall.
- These 2 teams have met in the group stage of the last 2 Euros with Russia winning by 1 goal on both occasions, and looking to make it three times in a row.
Russia to win at 1.76 – 8 points (Betfair)