This is a preview of the Euro 2012 Group D game between France and Ukraine.
France’s Frank Ribery will be the key player to watch out for the Ukrainians
- The French showed that they are a force to be reckoned with during Euro 2012, despite being unable to secure the victory against England.
- Karim Benzema, Frank Ribery and Samir Nasri – a fantastic attacking front 3, showed why they are among the best players in Europe and were part of teams that succeeded during the regular season for their clubs.
- Add to the French mix a solid midfield core boasting the likes of Malouda, Diarra, Cabaye – you are looking at a French team that can defend to keep things tight, as well as put on a show up front.
- France have only one issue observed from the first game which they would have worked on, which is defending set pieces, and that is something Ukraine exploited during their last game.
- Andriy Shevchenko despite not having the legs to push on forward, he managed to be influential on the set pieces and net 2 goals.
- The defense of Ukraine has looked susceptible and it was Sweden’s poor finishing that resulted in their in ability to push more past Ukraine.
- Ukraine might adopt the policy of scratching for a draw in this game by dropping a striker to the bench in order to get the one point, which could put France out of contention.
- The last meeting between the 2 sides was a 4-1 win by France, and the French will like to replicate a similar performance in tonight’s game.
- Ribery will be the player to watch out, as he looked lively and created more chances in the game and will be looking to do the same, and probably even scoring.
France to Win @ 2.16 (Betfair) – 7 points