This is a preview of the Euro 2012 Group C game between Italy and Croatia.
Croatia’s Luka Modric will be instrumental in deciding this game.
- Italy have started out with a well fought and well deserved draw last time around against Spain, and truly deserved the point that they got.
- Italy are like to continue with a 3-5-2 formation that they played against Spain which made them a bit more attacking, while giving them some defensive cover with Pirlo and Motta are sitting as extra cover.
- Italy will have a key decision to make as to whether Balotelli must start up front or they go with di Natale due to form and disciplinary issues.
- Italians have a good spine in the midfield with Motta, Pirlo, Giaccherini, Marchisio and Maggio, who can both bomb front as well as give good defensive support.
- Croatians on the other hand have been in top scoring form with the likes of Mandzukic and Jelavic netting comfortably in the last game out, to send the Croatians to the top of the table.
- Croatia put in a solid performance at all ends of the pitch, however, have clearly showed their susceptibility to set pieces due to their shorter and slightly make shift defensive lineup with Corluka and Schildenfeld at centre back as Vida is missing.
- Croatian play all revolves around the midfield maestro Luka Modric, who has translated is club form into the international stage, and become the chief creator and engine for the team.
- Both teams look extremely even and this is sure to be one of the more entertaining games of this tournament tonight, which makes picks difficult to choose from.
Both teams to score @2.10 (William Hill) – 5 points
Jelavic to score anytime @ 4.6 (Betfair) – 2 points
Croatia AH+0.5 @ 1.70 (Betfair) – 3 points