This is a preview of the game from Group A between Russia & Poland:
Alan Dzagoev – will be a key man to look out for tonight
- Poland have started out this campaign, unable to sneak a victory against Greece despite going 1-0 up, and now will need to try and turn things around, but won’t have suspended keeper Szczesny in between the sticks.
- Polands Lewandowski was on hot form last time around, scoring and even creating numerous scoring chances fro the team to win, but was unsuccessful in delivering the knock out blow.
- Poland’s defense looked extremely dodgy against a Greek side who were not in form coming into this competition, and look extremely likely that they will definitely concede against the Russians tonight.
- Russia on the other hand had put in a tremendous performance against the Czech’s winning their game by 4-1 with Dzagoev netting 2 goals to help the team secure the win.
- Russia have a lot of creative players with flair who were on display such as Arshavin, Kerzhakov, Pavlyuchenko, Shirokov and Zhirkov.
- The Russians have a piece of good news with first choice keeper Igor Akinfeev most likely to be fit enough to take his place between the sticks tonight, which would be a big boost for the Russians.
- The last time the 2 sides met in 2007, Russia took a 2-0 lead and Poland struck extremely late to draw the game 2-2 in a friendly.
- The Russians look like the hot favorites to top this group based on their superb display on Friday night, and I expect them to continue this tonight.
Russia to win DRAW NO BET @ 1.75 (Betfair)