This is a preview of the Group D game between Ukraine and Sweden.
Time for the ‘ENIGMA’ that is Zlatan Ibrahimovic needs to turn up tonight against Ukraine
- Ukraine, who are the hosts of this tournament are coming into this game as slight favorites, owing to their home crowd advantage, and understandably so, hosting a major sporting event.
- Ukraine head into this game making their first ever appearance in a European Championship, and will be under a huge weight of expectations to deliver a good performance in this game.
- With some famous players such as Tymoshchuk, Voronin and Schevchecnko – they will be some experience in the team, but all of them have been out of form coming into this encounter
- In their last 2 games before the tournament, they were given a reality check against Turkey and Austria, and also had a number of players out with food poisoning against Turkey, so they have just recovered in time, but might not have got the essential match practice required
- Sweden on the other hand are coming in great form in this game, winning their last 4 friendlies, and 8 out of their last 10 qualifying games, and qualified as the highest run up from all groups
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic has particularly come off a great season with AC Milan, and will be aiming to translate similar form into the international scene, as he would want to help his team progress to the next stage at least.
- Sweden team boast a good bunch of talent including the likes of Toivonen, Larsson, Kallstrom, Svensson, Mellberg and Olsson – which has a great deal of experience to help them deal with this game.
- It is definitely going to be a tight game with the home crowd support for Ukraine, and the Swedes know, that if they win this game, they can put pressure on France and England to win all their games.
Sweden to Win DRAW NO BET @ 2.06 (Betfair)