This is a preview of the Group D game between the top 2 favorites for this group, France & England:
- England’s campaign has been marred by lots of controversy, especially due to the late appointment of a manager Roy Hodgson.
- Roy however has marshalled the troops well as they won both their warm up games by a score of 1-0, while giving a lot of their players game time, as each of them was battling for their starting position in the team.
- The down side for England is not having Rooney starting up front in this game, which will leave either the young in-experienced forwards Caroll or Young, or the mourning Defoe up front as the key striker for England, and I do not see any goals coming from them.
- Ashley Young has been the only player looking threatening for the English after his great campaign for Manchester United, he score 1 goal and got 1 assist, to be involved in the creation of goals in both games.
- England additionally are/have suffered numerous injury concerns with the likes of Cahill, Barry, Lampard, and a dodgy Parker, will hamper the England from featuring their best players.
- France on the other hand had been considered to beatable by the English, however recent performances against Iceland, Serbia and Estonia, would do the confidence of the team a world of good.
- Benzema is been in dazzling form, coming off a confident record breaking campaign for Real Madrid, and Frank Ribery was the chief creator for France in their last few games, along with Samir Nasri’s sets the team up really well.
- France also got their defense in order with 2 straight clean sheets and a settled back four, should make France hard to break down, especially with 2 defensive midfielders Cabaye and Diarra sitting ahead of the backline.
- France look to be hot, and wanting to bury all their demons from poor performances over the last 10 years, and with manager Laurent Blanc in charge, will be pushing the team to deliver on their true potential.
France to win DRAW NO BET @ 1.75 (Betfair)
Over 1.5 goals @ 1.95 (Betfair)