This is a preview of the Group B game between Germany & Portugal.
Mesut Ozil will be the German player that the Portuguese will be looking out for
- Germany head into this game as strong favorites of this tournament especially after finishing 2nd in the last Euros and 3rd in the last 2 World Cups.
- Many of the German players have played all the way till the Champions League final, being members of Bayern, and will want to come out into this tournament searching for all 3 points in this fixture and look to win this tournament.
- Miroslav Klose will probably get the nod ahead of Gomez to start up front, owing to his great form in the season as well as his impeccable record on the international level, will be looking to continue his scoring touch.
- The player to look out for will obviously be Mesut Ozil, the highly rated Real Madrid player, who has been instrumental in his creative force, and can obviously be threatening in front of goal himself.
- Portugal’s team has been struggling coming into this tournament, losing to the Turkish and drawing with Macedonia which will dent their confidence.
- Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo has been struggling in the 2 games so far, and the Portugese captain has yet to find any support towards him, especially with Nani injured and Postiga struggling for form.
- The downside of Portugal, is that over the past few years, they have relied a little too much on Ronaldo, and in big tournaments, this has often led to their downfall.
- Germany will know that a win against Portugal will put them in good shape for qualifying from the group, especially with the Dutch in the group as well.
Germany to Win AH:-0.25 @ 1.93 (Pinnacle)