This is a preview of the Euro 2012 Group A game between Russia and Czech Republic
Russian Andriy Arshavin will be key to creating chances for the Russians tonight
- Russia head into this game as slight favorites ahead of Czech Republic and are looking to push on for a victory in their opening game of this group.
- Russia will be high on confidence especially after their victory last time out against Russia with a 3-0 victory against the Italians.
- Russia have an experienced attacking lineup of Dzagoev, Kerzhakov, Arshavin – all of whom have to come to some good form ahead of this game especially after a string of good performances against Uruguay and Italy.
- On the defensive end Russia have been extremely good, with 4 goals conceded in the qualifying campaign, and this will stand them in good stead.
- Czech Republic have had a hard time getting here, edging Scotland into 2nd place and then beating Montenegro in the playoffs.
- Top Czech striker Milan Baros will be a late fitness doubt due to his injuries, and might hand the solo striker option to Necid or Pekhart.
- Czechs played their last game with a new manager, and lost that game 2-1, which leaves the nation unsure on how he would be able to handle them in such a big tournament.
Russia DRAW NO BET @ 1.80 (Betfair)