This is a preview of the Euro 2012 Group A game between Poland and Greece.
Robert Lewandowski will be key for the Poles tonight
- The hosts Poland head into this game looking to get off this tournament to a good start by taking on struggling opponents Greece and will try to get the bogey of the head of hosts who have lost their opening round games in the tournament.
- Poland will rely a lot on in-form hitman Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski, who will be looking to continue his good form and leading his country to victory in this game.
- Lewandowski also can count on his team mates Lukasz Piszczek and Jakub Blaszczykowski who will be playing on the right flank and will be able to make the most of the club connections to push on for goals.
- Despite Poland qualifying automatically, they have taken on a lot of opposition in friendly games in order to get ready for this tournament and have won 4 and drawn 1 of their last 5 games, giving this team confidence ahead of the beginning of this tournament.
- The Greeks surprisingly came out on top of their group ahead of the likes of Croatia and Israel, and truly deserved their spot in this competition, which they also snuck to victory in the last game of of the tournament against Georgia after going 1-0 down.
- The Greeks however have struggled since the qualifying got over, especially when it comes to scoring goals, and we can expect them to try and keep it tight, snatch a goal and push for a win.
- Poland has the advantage of the home crowd support, not yet conceded a goal in their last 5 games, and with an in-form hitman, we can expect Poland to sneak through a victory in this game.
Poland to win @ 2.10